Friday, April 13, 2012

Versailles

 I decided to make a visit Versailles today. Though not directly related to Daguerre and the diorama, it seemed like a good idea to think about the post-revolutionary/ revolutionary context in which Daguerre's inventions were created, and Versailles holds historical importance as a site of the revolution. I also was already craving green space after only two days in the city. Banff has made me a country bumpkin, essentially.  In any case, here are a few digital shots - I took more on film today so it will be awhile before any of these shots can be posted.

Medusa in the Petit Trianon. I don't know, I find this a funny decor choice personally.


Edward Scissorhands.


In the spirit of my studies into historical stage painting and pre-cinema-like structures, here is Marie-Antoinette's private theatre.


1 comment:

Mtngrrl said...

Great shots... each one was either witty, intriguing or just plain cool. So excited to follow this project!