Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Hill

At the end of March I had the opportunity to realize a project on a local ski hill near Banff that I've been thinking about for awhile. In the past few years I've noticed the creative outfits people put on to go skiing and have wanted to do a portrait project with a large format camera at the ski hill. I'm not sure yet if this is mini project that will develop into a larger body of work, but am happy with the images that were captured in this initial attempt.

I wanted to send a thank you to Mike Moynihan and Lake Louise Ski Hill for facilitating the shoot at the hill, as well as a BIG thank you to all the people who agreed to have their pictures taken in their ski outfits. I'm working on printing the photos this week, and hope to have them sent out to everyone who participated in the next few weeks. I also wanted to send a shout out to my fantastic assistant (and artist)  Simon Benedict for all his help!

George. 2012.



No comments: