Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chicago

Made it to Chicago! I'm staying in a Mexican neighbourhood with two lovely people, one of whom is on the board of directors at the gallery I'm showing at. I'm so excited to be here and check out the city. I could feel the energy of the place as I drove in last night; freeways a-buzzing and the huge expanse of city lights laid out before me. Only had a minor snag at the border – I think it's because I told them I was an artist. In any case, I made it and have already got the bed I'm going to sleep in at the gallery. Slowly gathering the bits I need to make the installation work. Should be interesting. Hope to check out some music and the art galleries in the coming weeks. Hard to believe I'll be back home in Banff in only 6 weeks or so! It's also hard to believe last week at this time I was preparing to go square dancing with my aunt in Kingston ( square dancing is really fun by the way). Time flies when you're being a gypsy in a Corolla. More to come.

No comments: