Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Snow en Montreal

Sitting here having tea and toast at 2 a.m. and it's snowing outside. The big slurpee - slushy kind. What happened to the everlasting beautiful red- leafed autumn of Montreal? 

I'm not ready for this. 

Snow makes me think of my cozy Banff apartment, baking and going skiing- not necessarily in that order. Only another week and a half and I depart for Kingston, then Toronto, and then Chicago. Road trips are a little less appealing with blizzards so I hope this tapers off a bit. I'm showing signs of my age as previously any road trip would be cause for perpetual excitement. I guess it was that Banff - Montreal leg of the journey : a bit long.

Last night in the lab I felt like the flash-awakened-participant- all- star. Seven photos of me holding seven different objects for seven mini dreams. Gone are the days of  being completely bamboozled by the flash. I feel like an old pro at this really. That's kind of saying something though I'm not sure what: "I'm conditioned! I've built up resistance to the stimulus!" If nothing else I guess I'm persistent.

I've been reveling in the book my brother gave me for my birthday. It's called Eats Shoots and Leaves and is a hilarious book about punctuation. It's definitely given me pause to think about how I approach writing in e-mails and on this blog.  I might have to abandon the emoticon..

Anyway, I ramble. It's now almost 2:30 a.m and the tea is two sips from being finished. Here's to the days of northern darkness!


No comments: