Friday, September 12, 2008

Miles versus kilometers

How come miles take so much longer than kilometers? (Other than the obvious point that they are longer). At least this is my perception  because I am only in Minnesota right now- after 2.5 days of driving. hm.
Saw Devil's Tower this morning and people climbing up it- I wish I was climbing up it! It looked cool. I bought the book with the description of the routes... Another thing on the  list I guess.
I'm always happily surprised with how beautiful this country is. I mean, I know it's beautiful, but it's nice to be reminded. I've never been through this part before and was interested in all the history- Wounded Knee, the Black Hills, even the strangeness of Mount Rushmore (though I didn't drive to see it, the idea of carving a mountain out into heads always seems a bit bizarre- no offence). Many tunes later I am in Minnesota- hoping to make it to Canada tomorrow via the  Mackinaw bridge which I think is the way Lisa, Brent and I travelled in 1999. Maybe it won't be as windy.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Sarah You trabled the Mackinaw bridge Summer of "78 before you were born

Sarah Fuller said...

Cool! I love the trivia.. Pre Sarah Two- shoes! I realised that I didn't have to go over that bridge this time after all- the one from Canada is called something else.