Friday, August 22, 2008

One More Cup of Coffee



I couldn't resist stopping at this sign on the way back from Vancouver yesterday. I accidently shot a pos/neg  polaroid so I already  have an negative which is kind of neat. The colour version will be processed shortly. I love this stretch of highway for some reason. It's Canada's answer to the desert and the desert is an ongoing muse of mine. I'm not sure if it's the connection to the broad skies of the prairies or the seemingly vast desolation of the landscape. Plants, signs, and buildings desperately holding on  to their place in the sandy dirt, anxious to stand upright, yet continually worn down with wind and time. This sign seems almost chipper amongst the straggley bushes. Only 400 metres and you can have a coffee. That seems like solace to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nice one. I feel like I've seen this sign before but can't place it. Reminds me of a something out of a Road Runner cartoon.